Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Review: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter


From Left to Right: Creme Brulee, Sugar Frosting, and Cremesicle.

Cupcake, Strawberry Shortcake, & Sweet tart.

Lollipop & Red Velvet.


What Revlon claims: Buttery balm with beautiful shiny color to give you baby soft, healthy glowing lips 94% of women felt lips were softer, smoother, and instantly hydrated

A few months ago when these were released, I didn't understand the huge hype over them that I was seeing all over Youtube and Beautylish. But finally, after reading many reviews, I gave in and purchased two of them at my local Walmart. I couldn't help but to be a little excited to try the product that everyone was raving about. Then when I got home and put them on, I finally understood it all.


These Lipbutters are supposed to be a combination of a lipstick and a lip balm. Hydrating, yet enough of a color pay off to seem like a lipstick. In a way, I feel this is true. The color-pay off is FANTASTIC. Every color that I have purchased is very opaque and stays true to color.As for the hydrating factor, that is a different story. Revlon /claims/ that 94% of women saw results of their lips being softer,smoother and more hydrated.  My experience with this product has made me believe that statement is a tad exaggerated. The bright colors did seem to make my lips LOOK more hydrated, but they didn't feel that way. They were far from drying, but they aren't as hydrating as Revlon claims. So overall, I fell in love with all of my lipbutters and seemed to have started a small collection of them! If you're looking for a light weight "lip stick" with a possible hydrating affect, this is the product you should try.

No comments:

Post a Comment